ISSUE: Office 365 is tagging messages coming from proofpoint as spam and putting the messages in the user's junk folder.
SOLUTION: You need to tell O365 to trust Emails coming from proofpoint.
CONFIGURE OFFICE 365:
By-Pass Spam Filtering in Office 365
1- Sign-In to the Office 365 Admin portal.
2- Click on Admin > Exchange
This will launch Exchange Admin Center
3- Click mail flow > rules.
4- Click + icon to access the pull down menu.
5- Select By-pass spam filtering
In the new rule window, complete the required fields:
- Enter a value for Name (e.g.“By-pass Spam filtering for Proofpoint Essentials”)
- For “Apply this rule if…” select “The sender...IP address is in any of these ranges or exactly matches”
- Add IP addressto the IP address list.
- Type in the address followed by the + icon
- Repeat for each IP address
- Ensure Set the spam confidence level (SCL) to is selected in the Do the following...menu
- Do the following > Modify the message properities > set the spam confidence level > bypass spam filtering
- Click Save.
7- You can now proceed to STEP 4 - Telnet Test to Verify if Email Works