Showing the steps needed to download the list of users from google workspace. The file downloaded is comma-separated value (CSV) that you can upload to users container in Proofpoint Essentials.
The columns needed are:
First name, Last name, Email address, Alias Email address1, alias Email address2,alias Email address3 etc..
Important: If you don't have any alias email addresses just use the first 3 columns.
Export users list
- Navigate to Google Admin Console https://admin.google.com
- Select the “Users” from the Admin console
- Click on the “Download users”
- In the popup window choose “Currently selected columns” as only 5 columns are selected this will be easy to clean unwanted columns. Next select “Comma-separated values (.CSV)” and finally click on Download button.
- Locate your CSV file and notice all the 6 columns. for our purpose we will only need the First 3 columns. So, we will delete the line 1 and other unnecessary columns.
- After the clean up, the file should look like the below. Notice that I added a column D which I populate with an Alias email address, If you don’t have any alias then just leave it empty
Proofpoint Essentials Portal
1- login to your portal
2- Navigate to User Management > CSV Import>
click on Choose File then click on UPLOAD button to download the users.