|Situation||You want to request bulk sending privileges for a user that sends out a large amount of mail in a short time frame, or have received bouncebacks saying that the bulk rate limit has been exceeded.|
|Solution||This article provides information on who qualifies for bulk sending, and details the steps necessary to submit a bulk sender request to Proofpoint Essentials Support|
Who Qualifies For Bulk Sending?
Bulk sending is designed for users who need it for business-critical purposes, such as:
- Recruitment consultants emailing individuals applying for a specific job(s)
- Support users needing to update their users
- Accounts departments sending invoices, etc.
The danger of giving all users bulk permissions is it massively increases the risk to the company, the company’s clients and Proofpoint Essentials of a spambot (for example) causing serious IP reputation problems. When a spambot is detected, Proofpoint Essentials will shut down the infected address(es) to eliminate the risk of it causing any problems.
Requesting Bulk Sending
You can request a user to be enabled for Bulk Sending (we only enable Bulk sending on a per user basis):
- Log in to the Proofpoint Essentials Support Portal using your support account credentials. The new portal is located here.
- Click Contact Support.
- Go to the Create A Case section.
- Subject: Bulk Sending request for: [input desired email address]
- Description: (Please put answers down for these questions)
- Email address(es) which require bulk email enabled?
- What type of bulk email is to be sent?
- What is the purpose of these bulk emails?
- How many emails will each email address need to send?
- How often will the bulk emails be sent?
- Domain Name: enter in the domain from the email address
- Click Submit.